[thelist] authorizeNet not supporting NS 6+

Kristy Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 15:11:01 CST 2002

> If someone considers using AuthorizeNet for their credit card
> transactions, unfortunately you exclude NS 6+ users from your
> services... yes that's true.

This is not an issue if you use the ADC Direct Connect Method

> Why? AuthorizeNet requires that the browser sends a referer.
> And NS 6.2 doesn't send any referer. Technical support says 'It's
> industry standard for browsers to send a referer. It would mean
> that we had to change our gateway system because of the change
> of a browser.'

that is a poor excuse on Authorize.net's part ..  SHAME ON THEM

By the way, I have 3 web sites that use AuthorizeNet, 2 use ADC and 1 uses the relay response
method and since I am a one man (women rather) show, my time has not been budgeted to convert the
1 site to the ADC method.  So we have had to tell the "client" that people with N6 wont work for
now. Nice EH?

I have nothing to compare Authorize.net to - but I must say IM NOT IMPRESSED.

There idea of support is: email us and we might answer after 36 hours or so.

=====