AW: [thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Eike Pierstorff eike.p at t-online.de
Mon Feb 4 16:50:00 CST 2002

Hello,

>Now I can see the point of that in a booming economy when
>we're all overloaded with work, but that's not the case anymore.
>Times are hard. We're short of work.

Which means that a few people work nightshifts and most are unemployed.

> So why are we turning away free work handed to us on a plate?

Because it's 'free' work, which means I don't get paid for it. Customers
pay for one design, usually presented as psd or the like and I have to
make it look the same on different browsers (and to make things worse,
here in Germany Netscape 4 compliance is still a big issue) . More work
for me and the money stays the same. And if I start to argue, I'll be
easily replaced.

Hope this made sense - my english is a bit troubled.

-- eike

Eike Pierstorff
inhabitant1 at davenant.net
eike.p at t-online.de

 "They talked, as human beings do, about things they didn't know"
  (U.K. LeGuin, "The Shobies' Story")