[thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Bev Corwin bev at enso-company.com
Mon Feb 4 17:47:01 CST 2002

It is true that the W3C is very generous in its final publications of
standards and standards information as decided by their exclusive groups.
Unfortunately,  the W3C does not go to any great lengths to recruit the
efforts of small businesses,  educators or contractors in the development of
their standards.  I believe this is very short sighted and excludes a very
large segment of business world.  I, for one, do not feel that such an
organization will achieve the best results when building a system of
standards by excluding a large and significant segment of the industry from
any input in the development stages of these standards.