[thelist] MySQL Connections

Tab Alleman talleman at RealMetros.com
Tue Feb 5 11:04:08 CST 2002

It sounds great, but have you (or anyone) used this successfully?  My
script is hanging.. here's what I'm doing (blank lines inserted between
lines of code to clarify line-wrap)

<%
dim sql, oConn

Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

oConn.open "Provider=MySQLProv;Data
Source=111.222.333.444;DB=databasename;UID=foo;PWD=bar;PORT=3306"

sql="INSERT INTO members (mName, mEmail) VALUES ('foo', 'foo at bar.com')"

oConn.Execute sql

oConn.Close

%>

I also have (not shown above) response.writes between each line of
script to see how far I get.  When I run the script, absolutely nothing
comes up.  Am I doing the connection string wrong?  Any ideas?

PS:  I am able to successfully run this exact sql insert from the front
end, which is why I'm pretty sure my connection string is munged.