[thelist] Re: Proposal - New Specific List

Bev Corwin bev at enso-company.com
Tue Feb 5 16:40:00 CST 2002

My comments follow:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Crockford" <tonyc at boldfish.co.uk>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 2:25 PM
Subject: RE: [thelist] Re: Proposal - New Specific List

> Wouldn't it be just as good an idea to take the debate off the list and
onto
> the evolt site as an article?
>
> When it looks like a debate is developing, call a halt, take the salient
> points, post an article and use the threaded comments facility to collect
> all the points together in one place.
>
> We could then take part, read the results or whatever at our leisure.
>
> I remember the Smart Tags debate taking this route so there is a
precendent
> set.
>
> What do you guys think?

If you are making this "specific list" for the "standards orgs" debate,  for
the record,  I've pretty much made my point... and to save time,  will most
likely consider it a "discussed" issue,  unless there are others who feel
otherwise,  I'm ok with ending that thread... I've stated my observations
and am ok with that as it stands.

Cheers,
Bev