[thelist] Image Magick, width set by text string and a Medias urface tip

Roger Newbrook roger.newbrook at kmsoftware.com
Wed Feb 6 05:18:00 CST 2002

thanks martin i knew there'd be a way to do it.

<tip type="Mediasurface hanging during remote updates" author="Roger
Newbrook">

Dunno how useful this is gonna be to you, as I'm not sure how many of you
use Mediasurface as a CMS, but I've found it invaluable

When updating templates using Mediasurface on a remote server, there is a
tendency for the connection to timeout. A way around this is to open the
template list window as soon as you have oked or applied any changes.

Then simply click on the template headings to expand them, this sets up
another connection with the server preventing the first connection from
timing out. Once each template heading has been expanded, close the template
list box down and reopen it, and expand the headings again. Repeat this
process until template changes have been applied.

Bit fiddly I know, but it works.

This approach cannot be used when upddating individual instances of item
types, you just have to be bloody quick!!

</tip>