[thelist] Re: Proposoal - New Specific List

jay.blanchard at thermon.com jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Wed Feb 6 06:51:00 CST 2002

 >thedebate at lists.evolt.org

I actually meant this in the spirit that Ben G. stated, it was brought to
mind by the amount of e-mail traffic caused by the standards debate and
others that I have seen on thelist. Some would say that thechat is the
place for this kind of thing, but I don't think so. Thechat is more social
in nature where debates, such as the one about standards, represent issues
that we as a community deal with on a daily basis.

It would also ease the requirement for tips :)

Tony suggested an article with the ability for people to respond via the
comments which is not a bad idea. I like the rapid-fire capability of an
e-mail list for things such as these. Would a list such as that generate
enough traffic to warrant its existence? Would our gracious hosts at evolt
be willing to provide such a forum?

Jay

<tip type="Modular Code" author="Jay Blanchard">
Every day on the list we see examples of code, SQL statements, and the like
which may come in handy some day. Copy the relevant code to a text file,
write a small description of its action and use, and save the text file
(well named) to a folder containing similar entities. In some cases you
will be able to take code snippets and put them together in an include file
to be used as called. What better way to accumulate and use the vast wealth
of knowledge provided.
</tip>