[thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:18:01 CST 2002

>Sounds like a mission statement would be in order. Oh, Jeez - what have I
>done. As this is intended to be a group thing, not a me thing, I would
>defer in part to my peers who may be interested in participating. So I put
>it to the future members: If a group of evolters (and others) were to form
>a group such as the one discussed here, what should it hope to accomplish,
>and how would it differ from other similar organizations already in
>existence?

Ideally, to represent the point of view of web developers in creating
standards and to prevent strange, unimportant or unrealistic details from
cropping up in new standard documents so that standards created for the WWW
will address common concerns of the web developers actually using the
standards.

The main problems lie always in the details of the specs, not in the broad
outline. If we could influence those details...

Of course this all assumes that anyone is willing to listen.

ppk