[thelist] Tips (was: Re: Why code for standards)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 6 12:37:13 CST 2002

> From: "Bev Corwin" <bev at enso-company.com>
>
> I'm not clear on this <tip> thing, but in the spirit of standardizing
> the general "good will",  I will offer some little informative
> *hopefully useful* info news bits that I find thought-provoking coming
> through in the general news of late:

not a bad start for not knowing what tips are...

as reminder for us all:

Limited off-topic posts are fine; however they must be labelled [OT]
in the subject line. Also, we ask that you "pay" for off-topic posts
by including a Web tip that you find useful. Example:

[tip]
Include META tags in all of your pages for better search engine
placement.
[/tip]

Please stay consistent with the [tip][/tip] tags, so that our Tip
Harvester can extract them for the archive. If you want to be extra
helpful, your opening tag could be formatted:

[tip type="META Tags" author="Your Name"]
Include META tags in all of your pages for better search engine
placement.
[/tip]

i've escaped the tips in that passage so they don't get picked up
the Tip Harvester... which, interestingly enough, can be found at:
http://lists.evolt.org/index.cfm/a/harvest

it's all about karmic balance...