[thelist] Newbie - JSP help

CDitty mail at redhotsweeps.com
Wed Feb 6 20:32:01 CST 2002

Hello all.  Since I am the "real-world" internet guru at work (only because
I have my own websites.),  I have been tasked with getting the low down on
Java Server Pages.  From what I have gathered from the higher ups, they are
wanting to go the .war file route.  That is, everything compiled into one
file and served from that.  I have downloaded Apache & Jakarta-Tomcat 4.0
and have installed them successfully.  Everything is working fine and the
servers are up and running.

Here is where the fun begins.  I have no clue as to what to do now.  Can
anyone please help?  I guess what I am asking is can anyone help me with
this?  I know nothing about this and really don't know where to even
begin.  Here are some basic questions I have.....Where are the war files
stored? Why use them? Are there any example war file/programs I can
experiment with?

The tomcat install I installed only has jsp examples and no war files.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris