[thelist] Copyright/forbidden download default text?

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Thu Feb 7 11:21:01 CST 2002

> Can anybody tell me where I can find a default text
> forbidding the use of photos posted on a site?

"you toucha my photos, i breaka you face"

sorry, couldn't resist    ;o)

here's how phil greenspun (database übergeek) does it --

   http://www.photo.net/philg/nasty-copyright-notice.html

except that you'll notice he does not forbid use of his photos, and does
not expect payment either

nevertheless it's an interesting read

here are a couple more, adapted from phil's (hence the similar tenor,
allowing people to use the photos but retaining all rights) --

  http://www.vad1.com/photo/copyright.html
  http://joecarr.ca/copyright.htm

finally, here's a site with probably more links than you'll want to
follow --

  The 411 on Copyright for Net Photos
  http://www.gsu.edu/~lawppw/lawand.papers/KB4.html

rudy