[thelist] weird error

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Thu Feb 7 13:49:01 CST 2002

Mike,

> Error: Can't move focus to the control because it is invisible, not
enabled,
> or of a type that does not accept the focus.
> Code: 0

    Your page appears to inaccessible at the moment (I got a 500 error), so
I can't check it to verify. But most often I have found that this message
means exactly what it says: the particular form field to which you are
trying to assign focus is either disabled (through the inclusion HTML
disabled attribute or via script), or it is a hidden field (either of
type="hidden" or that its CSS visibility property has been set to "hidden"
or its display property set to "none").
    Are you using the name of the form field in your script, or simply its
numeric position? Using the name is generally safer.
    Since the page is inaccessible, you may need to post the relevant
snippets of script and html for further inspection. Also, does this occur in
all browser makes and models? All platforms?

James Aylard