[thelist] Confused about what HTML Validation is telling me

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 16:49:01 CST 2002

MRC wrote:

 This is true. Keep in mind, however, that by adding the
...type attribute,
...many browsers will no longer recognize a language value that
...specifies a
...particular version of Javascript. For instance:
...<script language="Javascript1.2" type="text/javascript">
...    Most browsers will treat this as though the language
...attribute doesn't
...exist, or as though it simply specifies Javascript.

So does this mean that I can't truley become complient with this standard?

	"http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">

---