[thelist] Win IE, modSSL, form refresh prob

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Feb 7 19:45:00 CST 2002

Hi Evolt

Has anyone ever had the following problem with Win IE (confirmed and
repeatable, so far, only on IE 6)?

A secure page with a form is sent to the browser. If the user clicks
refresh, clicks 'ok' to resubmit the previous page's form info, then
fills the form out and submits it, Win IE presents a 'Service
Unavailable' error page. If refresh is hit again on this page the
form is processed (although form data from the previous page is lost).

The setup is a Sparc Apache (with modSSL amongs other mods), PHP,
MySQL virtual host. My first step was to get the admins to add:

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0
force-response-1.0

to the httpd.conf file. But this hasn't fixed the problem at all.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

FWIW: No other browser (that I've tested this bug out on: Mac IE 5,
5.1, Mac NS 4.05, 4.5, 4.7, 6.1, Mac Mozilla, Win NS 4.5, Linux
Mozilla) has any trouble at all -- but every time a coconut with Win
IE 6.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andrew

--