[thelist] Script Tag/Type Attributes/Standards Compliance

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 21:25:00 CST 2002

Hey Evolters :

Here is one solution that can get your document to validate, and still take
care of your script type tags.

(note the ending tag /> that is not a typo, but is required for XHTML
validness).

Of course, if you use other script type(s), in your document, you will still
have to specify that attribute. I have used this meta tag and have not had a
problem with XHTML compliance.

<tip type="HTML Authoring" Author="Burhan Khalid">
When writing code, make sure you DONT capitalize your
tags. This is a good thing to get used to early, since
XHTML will not validate tags that are capitalized.

<HTML> is invalid. <html> is valid.

</tip>
I've noticed this tag capitalization, and thought I'd make it a tip.

<personal note>
Just got power and phones working after a week during which a terrible
ice storm knocked down power, cable, and phone lines across the state.
Upside? I got to appear on the evening news -- twice. All is restored,
thankfully, and life is back to (what was) normal. By the way, I live in
Oklahoma.
</personal note>

Regards,
Burhan Khalid