[thelist] mySQL- how to test if table contains data

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Fri Feb 8 03:44:01 CST 2002

Hi,
Thanks Phil and Benji.
I was not successful in getting this working though, probably due to my lack
of basic SQL knowledge. What I came up with was this:

  $sql="SELECT TO_DAYS(FROM_UNIXTIME(TIME,'%Y-%m-%d')) as date_day FROM
$database.$timetable WHERE Truckip like '$truckip' group by date_day";

If I simply do this:
  $sql="SELECT TIME FROM $database.$timetable WHERE Truckip like '$truckip'
";

It returns all the unix-timestamps as expected.
It's just grouping these per day, that doesn't want to work, it returns no
records.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,
Richard.