[thelist] Basic Documentation Questions

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Fri Feb 8 10:56:00 CST 2002

 >I guess, in general I am looking for what are "good documenting practices"?

I don't have much time to espouse about my own habits, but the first three
are "required" in my mind. #2 and #3 aren't specifically about
documentation, but are about what you'll sort of things you'll get from
users. Knowing this stuff helps you better prevent it from happening in the
first place (via documentation):

  How non-programmers use documentation
  http://www.advogato.com/article/374.html

  How to report bugs effectively

  How to ask questions the smart way

  Writing documentation with docbook
  http://www.caldera.de/~eric/crash-course/HTML/index.html

I had some better, more relevant links, but I
can't seem to find the damn things right now...

--
Morbus Iff ( softcore vulcan pr0n rulezzzzz )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/