[thelist] Basic Documentation Questions

Jon jon at kickinsites.com
Fri Feb 8 12:14:00 CST 2002

I appreciate all the replies so far.

In reading the posts and linked sites they seemed to mostly refer to more
advanced languages such as PHP and PERL. My question was meant to pertain to
more basic web design (although everything I've read so far has been helpful
to me). For instance on a site that is built with mostly HTML how much
documentation should be included? If the coding practices I am using are in
line with the W3C standards (as much as possible) does that code need
documenting? Or maybe only where I get away from the standards or do
something more "creative"?

What about non-code components? For instance, if I create a graphic that may
need to have characteristics repeated with another graphic in the future,
should I include documentation of the steps I used to create it?

Thanks again everybody!
Jon