[thelist] Transparent GIFs as layer backgrounds?

Aleem aleem at mindless.com
Sat Feb 9 23:59:01 CST 2002

> more or less yes, if you're going for the overlay effect as
> on the nyc library page make sure the image is a decent size
> rather than 2 pixels x 2 pixels as this will cut down on the
> processing time of the page.

i am not certain if this issue pertains to layers as well, but NS 4.x
has problems rendering table backgrounds if their area is lesser than
1024 (so for a square image you would want to use 32x32) so if you
have problems with NS, now you know why. I spent a day trying to
figure that one out until someone on the list pointed it out.

-aleem