[thelist] Posting data to an .shtml page

Anne Thorniley anne at beerintheevening.com
Tue Feb 12 04:44:01 CST 2002

Hi Kevin,

> I am trying to post a form to a .shtml which has the following SSI
> directive:
>
> <!-- #exec cgi="/cgi-bin/SSIscripts/search.pl" -->

If your form currently has method="POST" then you will need to change
this to method="GET" (or add that if the form doesn't have any method
specified). This way the data will be available to the cgi script
in $ENV{QUERY_STRING}. Unfortunately there is no way to get at data
POSTed to a .shtml file from a script called in it (as far as I know
anyway, if there is, I'd love to hear about it because I could really
do with it).

Anne

--
Was our love too strong to die?