[thelist] wav html

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Wed Feb 13 06:07:01 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Wolfgang Klinger wrote:

> hiya!
>
> I need to play a wav file when the user clicks on an
> image (link) ... all-browser compatible ... any ideas
> where I can get help on this?

Erm, it depends entirely on whether the appropriate app is registered as a
browser plugin.

If it is, you can simply EMBED a player instance.

Since default installs of MacOS come with QuickTime, and default installs
of IE/Win bundle WMP, there shouldn't be problems in most cases.

WinAmp is bundled with NN6.

Someone else will have to speak for Unix-based OSes...

HTH
--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."