[thelist] (pre)loading movies in frames

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 05:51:00 CST 2002

Dear list,

  I've had the following email from a friend, and the solution is a
  little beyond me, so I thought I'd put it to the list to see if
  anyone could help.

  ~~~~~
  ~~~~~
    I'm doing a website for hidden valley park, one flash version and
    one html version. In the flash vr. I've got a frame set page with
    flash navigation in the top and left frames what i've currently
    done to solve the preloading is place a preloader in each of the
    seperate movies

    Now thinking about this, it makes the site
    http://www.theadworks.co.uk/hiddenvalleypark/ look a bit
    unprofessional as you can see all the loading bars!!!

    What I really want to have is a loading screen for the entire set
    of frames then once the individual framesets have loaded THEN it
    goes to the loaded homepage

    I carn't get my head around how you get the properties of each
    individual movie in each frame to tell the overall movie that they
    are loaded

    can you help?
  ~~~~~
  ~~~~~