[thelist] Re : Need help with Eudora 5 (pc)

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 11:41:01 CST 2002

Hey Bob :

I hope you don't mind me taking a stab at your Eudora problem. I have been
working with Eudora for a while, and was recently involved in upgrading the
school's network email clients to the new version (5) of Eudora.

Let me answer the easy question first. In order to make hyperlinks
clickable, you have to make sure Eudora is using the Microsoft Viewer to
read messages. To check this setting, go to Tools --> Options, and then
click the Viewing Mail icon on the left bar. At the resultant right hand
pane, make sure the top box, labeled Use Microsoft's Viewer is checked. Give
it any dimensions -- the defaults are 80 x 20. Eudora will disable the use
of the Microsoft Viewer if it deems that the computer will not be able to
handle the extra processing required.

The next part of your question, dealing with attachment, is a bit
mysterious, but I will take a stab at it. My first idea would be to make
sure that Automation is enabled on that machine. At the same Tools -->
Options screen, a few scrolls down is the Automation icon, clicking on that
will show two options in the right hand pane. You would want to check both
of them. Especially the Warning part. Another idea would be to check the
settings of the Attachments screen (in the same Options section). I would
make sure that the Attachment directory is valid (if you move Eudora, it
blanks out the attachment directory). Also, I would check the Recieve MIME
digest as mailbox attachment option.

Hopefully, this will help point you in the right direction.  If anyone has
anything else to add, feel free to join in.

Warmly,
Burhan Khalid