[thelist] Free tip! [was: New York Times article about Olympics site accessibility]

Webmaster webmaster at archetype-it.com
Fri Feb 15 03:34:12 CST 2002

At 18:21 14/02/2002 -0500, you wrote:
><tip type="time tracking">
>keep track of the time you spend on projects and activities during the day
>by creating a simple text file in notepad and hitting F5 whenever you want
>to log the date and time, for example --
>        posted a message to evolt
>        17:52 02-02-14
>        worked on the links database
>        18:11 02-02-14
>        aaak, noticed earlier message had no url
>        18:13 02-02-14
>        posted followup message
>        18:17 02-02-14
></tip>

or ...

<tip type="time tracking" author="Veronica Yuill">
I have a nifty little freeware app (GNU public licence) called Timestamp
which sits in the system tray. You can set up different files for different
projects, and a simple click on the icon switches timing on and off -- it
even has a "slack timer" that pauses it for interruptions such as phone
calls. Very quick and easy to use, and it will export data as CSV or XML.
You'll find it at:
http://www.syntap.com/
</tip>

--