[thelist] Tracking Webpages

Webmaster webmaster at archetype-it.com
Fri Feb 15 11:11:01 CST 2002

At 16:51 15/02/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>This is a requirement from a client of mine to quote from his spec :-
>"It must be possible to identify visitors, and to record pages viewed, the
>way they navigate the site, and the key words submitted to search engines
>which brought them to the site, or from where they linked to the site."
>

>Hence the question... I don't particularly want to write code that traps
>this sort of info if it's already available etc.

All decent weblog analysis packages will provide this info with no
programming on your part. Someone mentioned Analog and Webalizer earlier --
I recommend you check those out before doing any coding (or search Tucows
for "web log analysis").

NB "identifying visitors" could be a bit tricky though!

HTH

--
Veronica Yuill
Moderator, I-Design http://www.adventive.com/lists/idesign/summary.html