[thelist] screen tints for web?

Joel Canfield Joel at spinhead.com
Sat Feb 16 10:49:00 CST 2002

| A non-websafe color will "snap" to it's nearest websafe
| equivalent when rendered in a browser that can't/won't render
| that color. To put yourself in clear, simply feed all these
| non-websafe colors into photshop and check "use websafe
| colors only". By doing this, you've got the worst-case of
| each color.

Well, almost. Usually. I don't have screen shots of failures, but there's a
pretty good webmonkey article at
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/templates/print_template.htmlt?meta=/web
monkey/00/37/index2a_meta.html (wrap-O-rama) that explains why, sometimes,
randomly, you can't know which 'safe' color you'll snap to.

Tracking your visitors' screen resolutions, if possible, would tell you how
much to worry.

joel