[thelist] Windows program to upload via FTP without disclosing password

Jon Hall jonhall at ozline.net
Sat Feb 16 19:52:00 CST 2002

What you are looking for is WSH, or Windows Script Host.
Here is a ref how to do drag and drop in wsh.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/script56/html/wsdraganddrop.asp
For the above wscript (as opposed to cscript) needs to be the default
script host. That's the default in windows anyway.

Now you have the full path to the file, and you can use just about any
ftp COM object that you want to grab the file and upload to the server.
Here is one that costs $15.
http://www.rainfall.com/coding/kftp.htm

You can also script the ftp.exe that comes with Window's as a Com Object:
http://cwashington.netreach.net/depo/view.asp?Index=124&ScriptType=component

There are some free ftp com object around, but I can't seem to find one
right now. Welcome to the wonderful world of COM...soon to be eclipsed
by dotNet :)

jon