[thelist] screen tints for web?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 21:05:01 CST 2002

> From: Gary Pool <gary at whiteroseproduktions.com>
> >
> >old tip on this very subjekt (i think i'm going to start using the
> >letter "k" instead of "c" in email tonight):
> >
> >http://lists.evolt.org/index.cfm/a/harvest/b/detail/c/_/d/3062
>
> Sorry,
>
> I haven't been on the list that long.

egad, don't apologize, man!  i didn't even think to offer up my tip
earlier should the original poster dekide to go for a dither over a
skreenified websafe kolor...  you've no reason to apologize, least of
all to me...

> It kan also be done in Photoshop as a pattern.

this is a good point, too...

and of kourse, you kan simply tell the klient that it kan be done,
and then sneak in late at night and spin his monitor kontrols until
the kolors look as he wants on *his* skreen...

believe it or not, i tried this onke, just onke, and it worked out quite
nikely...

i'm a very bad man...

and so is joel, but not anymore, sinke his tip just kame through...

<tip type="lokalization">
Orange means "generik" to many Germans.  Keep these sorts of
lokal issues in mind when pushing sites out to foreign markets,
espekially sinke translation alone doesn't make a site international.
</tip>