[thelist] PHP upload_max_filesize

elin tjerngren. artopod elin at artopod.se
Mon Feb 18 11:12:01 CST 2002

Hi,

> The php.ini 'upload_max_filesize' limit on one of the sites I manage is set
> to the default of 2MB. This is too small, but I have a feeling my host will
> not wish to change it. Does anyone know of any other means of getting
> around this limit?

I had the exact same problem - the hosting company were happy to
change "upload_max_filesize" but not the "memory limit"...and it failed!
I made a workaround by executing (from PHP) a Perl cgi-program that
did the upload....it works perfectly. I used MIME::Lite in Perl to handle the
uploads easily.

/Elin