[thelist] Re: Looping through the results of a one-to-many-to-many query with PHP

Shashank Tripathi sub at shanx.com
Mon Feb 18 18:03:01 CST 2002

Manish,

I am not sure if you are using a shebang at the top? Something like:

	#!c:\perl\bin\perl.exe

Substitute the path of Perl on your machine accordingly, and please make
sure the above is *absolutely* the FIRST line in your program,
completely left flushed so that there is no space before the # sign. In
any case, I guess the following should work for you:

    #!C:\perl\bin\perl.exe
    $data_file="file.txt";
    open(III, $data_file) || die("Could not open file!");
    @raw_data=<III>;
    close(III);

    use CGI qw(:standard) ;
    print header();
    print "<HTML><BODY><font size=1>";

    foreach $myline (@raw_data)
    {
        print "$myline";
        print "<BR>\n";
    }

    print "</font></BODY></HTML>";

As for flock() on windows, my guess would be that it still doesn't work.
Maybe they have a good module from CPAN for this purpose (search your
PPM for "lock"), but here is a workaround that you may found useful:
http://perl.about.com/library/weekly/aa042899.htm.

Hope this helps!
Shanx