[thelist] NN6.2 Javascript or CSS problem

Jonas Bohlin jonas at halogen.com
Tue Feb 19 06:07:01 CST 2002

It's har to know exactly what the problem is when you don't describe more
closely what does happen, but I have an idea. If the browser leaves remnants
of the layers that you show and hide, it's a screen redraw problem. try
calling this function at the end of showServices()

<tip type="JavaScript / DHMTL / Netscape 6" Author="Jonas Bohlin">
/*
	forceRedraw is an uglyhack for netscape 6... it forces the screen to
redraw itself (in lack of a working onpaint-event) so that residue graphics
dissapear, stuff that remained invisible or partly invisible shows up and
things that were moved but kinda stayed in place are actually moved.

example: forceRedraw(document.getElementById("Container"))
or: forceRedraw(document.body)
*/
function forceRedraw(oToChange){
	var oStyle = oToChange.style
	var sOldColor = oStyle.backgroundColor
	var sSetColor = (sOldColor=="rgb(0,0,0)")?"#FFFFFF":"#000000";
	oStyle.backgroundColor = sSetColor
	oStyle.backgroundColor = sOldColor
}
</tip>