[thelist] .NET MSDE Installation

david lloyd parker david at image2image.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 06:12:01 CST 2002

I wonder if any win2k genius can help with the following?
I've installed the Microsoft .NET framework to have a play with asp.net, but
the msde 2000 installation is failing - I turned logging on for the install
and the errant part of the install log is below:

Action 08:44:15: InstallPerfMon.2D02443E_7002_4C0B_ABC9_EAB2C064397B.
Starting custom action InstallPerfMon
Registering performance counters from sqlctr.ini
PerfmonLoad routine returned error code 2
Action ended 08:44:16: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.
Action 08:44:16: Rollback. Rolling back action:

I seem to be getting all sorts of errors in the event log for perfmon, but
haven't a clue how to start trying to fix the problem. Does anyone have any
ideas please?

I'm posting on this list because getting support from microsucks........