[thelist] Redirection and referer problem using Coldfusion

Michael Efford efford at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 19 09:46:05 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have set up a script on my site that records any links that users follows
(that go off site) for stat purposes.

You can see it in action here...
http://internet.design.curtin.edu.au/soda/links/links.cfm

When the user clicks on a link it takes them to a redirection page..which
records the link name and the time it was hit..and then moves them onto
their specified destination.

The problem now is that the referer for any links now becomes the link
itself and not my page. (I would of thought it would be the redirection
page, but it ain't apparently.)
Is there anyway to get around this? My reason is that I would still like
other website owners to know that I am linking to their pages.

I'm using Coldfusion...maybe I should check out its http header functions..

Any help appreciated,

TIA

Michael Efford.