[thelist] Removing scroll bars

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Tue Feb 19 11:35:02 CST 2002

I'm a little late to this thread, but . . .

Jim wrote:
> Our team is developing training and using a web
> browser to deliver that training.  Our instructional designers are using a
> learning strategy that presents information in small concise chunks and
they
> feel that by limiting the amount of information to one screen they will be
> delivering that information in an amount that won't overwhelm the user.

But, if the content takes up less than one page, then they won't be able to
scroll anyway, right?

The only time the scroll bars even come into play is if your content exceeds
one page.  In that case, without scrollbars, all you'd end up doing is
preventing some users from seeing all of the content.

The suggestions posted so far seem to only matter if the content happens to
exceed one screen-full, so if you're ensuring the content only takes up less
than a screen-full, what's the point?

Scott
Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/