[thelist] CGI error

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Feb 19 12:17:03 CST 2002

At 08:42 AM 2/19/2002, Faye Tarzwell(FayeC) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>While trying to execute a cgi I get the following error:
>You don't have permission to access /Portuguese/navMenu.cgi on this server.
>What could be the cause and how to solve it?

One: Make sure the file is executable. (chmod 755 <filename> or use your
ftp client to change the "permissions" of the file)

Two: Make sure the first line of the program actually points to the perl
executable.

         #!/usr/local/perl

The above path needs to be correct for perl to available to your script.
----
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys