[thelist] Is there an easy way to create new Radio Buttons?

Manish Sharma msharma at satyam.net.in
Tue Feb 19 18:30:06 CST 2002

John,

A solution that would work (simple for checkboxes but would involve a little
more coding for radio buttons)

1). Create two images. One of the radio button "on" state and one for "off"
2). Preload the images
3). Attach the onclick() JavaScript event to each "off" state radio button
image so that its source (SRC) changes to "on" state
At the same time, give a value to a hidden element which signifies that a
radio button/checkbox has been clicked
4). Send the values via the normal way

I hope all this makes sense, but I know it will work. How? I implemented
similar "jazzy" stuff on one of my client's site.

Regards,
Manish Sharma
http://www.simplygraphix.com - Extreme Design
http://www.fontmagic.com - Largest True Type fonts directory on the Internet