[thelist] ssinc.dll gives 401 but asp.dll does not

JCanfield at magisnetworks.com JCanfield at magisnetworks.com
Tue Feb 19 19:14:09 CST 2002

Set up a new IIS5 box, and instead of parsing HTML thru asp.dll like I
usually do on Win2K boxen I used ssinc.dll (since I really only want it to
parse for includes, not ASP code.) No matter what I did, I got an
authentication challenge when I tried to access the page via the browser.
When I changed the parsing to use asp.dll instead of ssinc.dll everything
was hunky dory. All NTFS perms on the file structure are correct, and
IUSR_machinename has log on locally rights, all the usual perms nonsense.

Anyone heard of this? Anyone know how to fix it? Ssinc.dll shows identical
perms to asp.dll.

Thanks.

Joel at spinhead.com