[thelist] Re: Extra space around text in Netscape 6

Lisa Frost lisa at koolfish.com
Wed Feb 20 01:37:01 CST 2002

>The problem is the top row in the top table.
>In IE 4, 5, Opera 6.01 and Netscape 4.61, and 4.7 everything is
>displaying correctly. The problem I have is with Netscape 6.
>
>How do I remove the space so that it behaves the same as the other
>browsers?

Kris' suggestion of altering the line height in the css worked a treat.
It displays correctly in Netscape 6, IE 4, 5, 5.5 Opera 6.01 and
Netscape 4.61 and 4.7

Code and instructions here for any other beginners on css like me stuck
with this:
The 1.1 is the bit that you need to play with to alter the spacing.

1. change your "aim" class in the css file to read:

         .aim {
         font:   10px/1.1 Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
         font-weight: normal;
         color: #FFFFFF;
         font-style: normal
         }

(you can put these all on one line if you like)

2. where you've got the table cell with the text inside it, get rid of
the
you
get...

         <TD width=309
         background="Diabetes World Flight, flying and diabetes
research_files/bgtitle_longer.jpg"
         bgColor=#006666 height=65 align="right">
         <P class="aim" align="center">- Aim<BR>"To be the first insulin

dependent
         diabetic<BR>pilot to fly around the world in a light aircraft
and
raise
         money for diabetes research". <BR>- Douglas
Cairns</P></TD></TR>
         <TR vAlign=top>

this will sort it out.

Lisa.