[thelist] javascript/fer why?

Adam adam at hallinteractive.com
Wed Feb 20 11:19:01 CST 2002

hey everybody.

I am NOT a javascript master, more like someone who can massage pre-written
code. if you were to look at the source code here
http://identfi.com/pleasure/photobody.shtml
-warning old content-
You will notice that I have ten billion subwindows being defined. What I'm
looking for is a onetime .js reference in the head and an attribute
definition in the <a href>. example

function subWin1(){

        window.open(.... thiswindow, thiswidth, this height, border...
etc..)

 THEN in the call <a href="javascript:subWin1(500,400,no,yes...etc);">

that way I could define different sized popups not in the head but in the
function call. dig me?

There just has to be a way to make what I'm attempting easier (and
lighter-kb), instead of just forcing all images/popups to the same size. am
I crazy? is this possible?

Also
Is there a way to validate javascript being used as per ECMA specs? And if
no... why not?

thanks for any help!

-----
adam at hallinteractive.com