[thelist] coding specifically for Australian market

my2cents lists at vicksburgcollective.com
Wed Feb 20 12:32:01 CST 2002

hey folks,

I'm working on a Web site specifically for the Australian market. (Medical
product currently only licensed for Aussie market).

I was hoping someone could give me a quick download on things to keep in mind:

For example, I think I heard somewhere that a bigger % of Australian users
use Netscape than do so globally. (It's about 12% global, but I thought it
was closer to 17% down under.)

Another example (that doesn't specifically apply to Au): When coding for
Asian markets, it's important to fully use CSS, because font tags aren't
supported by Asian (double-byte) browsers.

I'm sure there can't be too many differences, but since I'm serving a
known, specific geographic audience, I'd like to do whatever I can to make
it as good and appropriate as possible.

TIA,

regards,
nate