[thelist] Can you dig it?

Matthew Mullenweg matt at swcdesign.com
Thu Feb 21 05:20:58 CST 2002

* Besides the things that a few others have mentioned, something that
just sort of bugs me is how some of the faces are off center in the 'pic
of us' picture. The guy second from the top on the right is perfect as
far as positioning goes. Also the colors seem a little off on some of
them. Since you use this image on every page it's worth tweaking a bit.

* You seem to be linking to your stylesheet twice on some pages, once
inside the DW editable "doctitle" area and once outside of it.

* Having the alt text say 'spacer' on those images is probably really
not necessary. I read a great article about this a few days ago, but I
can't think of the link. The gist was that if images are purely
decorative, an alt value of "" is perfectly fine. ALT is really meant to
provide an alternative representation of images that are important to
the page for people who can't see it. Keep that in mind when adding ALT
attributes.

* On the alt tags again, it seems more professional if they're
capitalized consistently with the rest of the site.

* I like the shadow effect on the top and side

* It doesn't validate according to W3C standards. You could easily make
the site standards compliant with relatively few changes, which is
something I would recommend. Of course it isn't required by any means,
and it won't effect how the majority of people view your site, for now.
However it's never too early to start thinking about forward
compatibility. http://www.alistapart.com/stories/betterliving/

-Matt