[thelist] content management systems?

David Kutcher david_kutcher at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:30:05 CST 2002

Martin,

While brining a highend solutions like Vignette into the picture, you're
immediately bringing the cost of the project to $100,000 US to $500,000
before integration or training even starts.

Yes, we're talking about a corporate solution, but almost 2/3's of the
companies that I've seen convinced into purchasing a license for Vignette
StoryServer, Blue Martini, Interwoven, or any of the others were also
convinced they needed a brand new server to run it, licenses for Oracle 8i+,
and more... when clearly this was an overkill and cost a cool half a mil.

Solutions like these do make sense in some situations, especially when
connecting to legacy systems or for massive publishing needs (I worked with
FoxNews to integrate Vignette).  But for the majority of instances out
there, I've found that "home rolled" solutions on a VA Linux server using
PHP and MySQL sufficed.

David
www.confluentforms.com