[thelist] Hosting and DNS Registrations

Jake Aust mail_lists at jakesdiner.com
Thu Feb 21 18:22:01 CST 2002

Hi....

The company I work for has decided to start offering hosting services to our
clients. We have an account with a hosting company that lets us virtual host
as many domain names as we wish. My question is in how to deal with new
Domain Name registrations. What is the best way for us to handle this? Is it
advisable for us to register Domains for our clients and then bill it back
to them? What about when we are no longer hosting them someday...we would
rather not be the billing contact for our client's domain. What are the
legal issues involved with this?

Obviously, we would like to handle as much as possible for our clients
without them getting cryptic emails from Network Solutions, but we want
there to be no question that the Domain is registered to and being paid for
by the client.

Is there a particular registrar that makes it easy for companies like ours
to register domains as the agent for our client?

Jake Aust