[thelist] Lotus Domino & Garbled Text

Cristian Secara secarica at fx.ro
Thu Feb 21 18:45:00 CST 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:47:00 +0900, Chris Anderson wrote:

>Right now its showing up like: 低価格 etc...
>when it should be showing Japanese characters.

What encoding (charset) is mentioned in that pages ?
I just tested (Windows2K) your 低価格 with a
"charset=ISO-8859-1" test page. My IE browser shows up some asiatic
characters ... dunno which particular language :)
The output can be seen here http://www.secarica.ro/test_jap.gif (5.6K)

I think you should do the same test on the Mac computer and only then
looking at the server.

The 低etc. means you are using Unicode characters in a
ISO-declared page (the test worked well with CP850 also). I am doing
the same with Euro symbol in ISO-8859-2 pages, for example.

Best wishes,
    Cristi