[thelist] OT: Slower Modems (Emulators ?? )

Aleem aleem at mindless.com
Fri Feb 22 23:53:00 CST 2002

I can't offer you any technical expertise on that end, but it certainly
would be a great idea. You can add me on the list of people to be
notified
if you decide to go through with the plan.

Just a thought: wouldn't it be possible to write a proxy server to do
the job and
take control of the data transfer from there ? I did a cache-proxy
server
and recall that you can control the bufferedoutputstream window but
I may be way off for this scenario.

> Wanted to have controllable variables for speed, latency
> and line noise/dropped/jumbled packets.

that would be sweet

-aleem