[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Peter peter at poorbuthappy.com
Sat Feb 23 03:57:28 CST 2002

>How does such a person go about getting the reputation of a "guru"?
>I'd very much like to be a quantum physics guru, and am looking for
>some short cuts. Suggestions?

Yes:
1. Pick a field nobody is interested in
2. Have strong opinions, but that are still common sense
3. Voice them in a strong way. Don't be timid. Be controversial. But always
say things that in themselves are common sense.
4. Keep going for about 5 years in obscurity.
6. When the field suddenly gets popular, start giving speeches at
conferences, voice even more opinions strongly, and start your own
consultancy. Make sure you charge a lot.
7. Bingo. You're a guru now.
Peter