[thelist] Jakob Nielsen [was Anti-aliasing]

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 11:54:01 CST 2002

Hey Shanx:

I actually *was* referring to Jakob. Somehow his name has worked its way into
the vernacular of our clients, and gets dropped anytime the client has a
counterpoint to our project proposals.

"...well, I like the look and feel of the navigation, but Jakob Nielsen says
you shouldn't use graphics..."

Branding be damned, I guess!

The reason I lumped him in with my mention of Forrester et al, is that
sometimes, in the same way Nielsen likes to generalize and not allow for
interpretation, we've been burned by Forrester's scientific method. For
example, while their scorecard methodology is a good starting point, I don't
think it should be the yardstick with which an entire body of work should be
measured.

By the way, it took me a few minutes to figure out if "regurgitate" was an
agreement or dissent :-)

/rg