[thelist] frames: I can't believe I don't know this

NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com NanHarbisonSmith at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 06:15:00 CST 2002

Peter,
I think you mean --how you do get your website with frames to link to an
external page without having the outside site page just showing up in one of
the frames. If this is correct, you structure your <h ref> tag like this one:
Notice the underscore in front of 'blank'. This is crucial.
I needed to figure this out because some of the amateurs in the school
district I am the webmaster for have created their own little sub-websites,
and they ALL use frames. ICK. I really hate frames.
Nan

In a message dated 2/24/2002 6:10:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
peter at poorbuthappy.com writes:

> I just never use frames, and someone asked me:
> so how do I make my site accessible for external links (so they can link to
> individual pages) if I use frames? I can NOT believe I don't know this -
> and a quick websearch at the usual suspects didn't turn up answers either.
> Peter

Nan Harbison Smith
481 Elm Street
Concord, MA 01742
978-369-1224
978-369-1681

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him
to use the Internet and he won't bother you for weeks.