[thelist] selling a domain name?

Bob Haroche bharoche at usa.net
Sun Feb 24 14:51:00 CST 2002

> anyone know the best way to go about selling a domain name?

Yes, for lots of money. :)

Sorry. http://www.greatdomains.com acts as a broker escrow agent for domain
sales. Never used them though for that, but I did list a domain for sale
with them once. They seem okay. There are others as well I'm sure. You can
search on google for them.

I'd also recommend having a simple written contract as well specifying at
least:

1. domain name and current and future owner
2. price -- terms of payment (lump sum, installment)
3. brokerage or escrow if any
4. seller conveys all interests and rights to domain, and agrees to complete
any additional paperwork to effect transfer
5. clause specifying which law governs -- probably Denmark's in your case

If you go with a brokerage service, they likely have a boilerplate agreement
along these lines you could use.

Regards,
Bob Haroche
O n P o i n t  S o l u t i o n s