[thelist] frames: I can't believe I don't know this

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Mon Feb 25 04:18:01 CST 2002

> +1
> I would (almost) never use frames myself (except in certain
> types of web
> application screens), I just wanted to know if I could make a
> framesite
> linkable, because a friend asked me how to do it.

I'm sorry I didn't follow this thread, but I tohught I'd drop in just to say
that you have to have a look at MS's MSDN.

Their frame-bookmarking system works great.

In fact their naming is :
mydocument.asp <-- this is the page I found out of a search engine
When I arrive on a page, the URL is JS-relocated to
default.asp?main=mydocument.asp, default.asp being a frame and
mydocument.asp being put into the main frame.

Nifty.

And not too hard to put onto a site.